Thursday, February 2, 2012

Purpose

I have thought about starting a blog for a looong time. A friend with small children inspired me today. It is time that I start. My kids are all little. They do cute things every day that I want to remember. Unfortunately life is so busy that when I look back even a week I have forgotten some of the adorable things that they have done. I want to be able to remember those things many years from now.
So basically, this blog is for me. Selfish, I know. The posts will never be anything spectacular and probably poorly written most of the time. My mother will probably read every word, for the rest of you, I recommend skimming.

As background, Mack and I recently adopted two more children. (I use the word 'adopted' loosely. The adoption should be finalized later this year.) They are (biological) brother and sister. The boy is three and we call him Reese. His name is Mauricio, but Reese is a family name on Mack's side and so we are using it as a nickname. Reese's little sister is two and her name is Jessenia. They are both adorable (it's a perk of adopting we have decided).

As further background, Mack and I adopted a little boy last year. He was born in March and we named him Brisbane. He is also super adorable (gotta love perks).

And as a final thought, you may ask, Who/What is Zippy? She's our dog. We have decided that secretly she is the leader of the kiddos. Kind of a like a lead singer and her back-up dancers. I kind of think that metaphor describes life at our house well.

No comments:

Post a Comment