Monday, February 6, 2012

Do These Socks Make My Ankles Look Big?

This morning there was big news in the air. In the past, anytime that I have suggested the kids dress themselves, I am met with a 20 minute crying fit. They always eventually seem to get clothes on their backs, but it is something of an ordeal. Well this morning I not only suggested they dress themselves, but they needed to select their clothes as well. You would think that most kids would love getting to wear whatever ugly combination of clothes they want. My kids however can be extremely unsure of themselves. So I was nervous. Very. Nervous. I thought the tears would be rolling. But they both seemed to take the challenge head on and didn't do too badly.



Well the socks up to the knees and over the pants isn't the look that I would have gone for, but at least she matched all the clothes nicely. I actually think she is just channeling Mommy's favorite golfer, the late Payne Stewart.

Reese wanted to have his picture taken too. I obliged (you wouldn't be able to resist taking a picture of that cute face either). He also did an impecable job of getting dressed.

Way to go kids!

1 comment: