Saturday, February 11, 2012

Absence Makes the Heart Grow Fonder

I spend a significant amount of time each day breaking up fights. Hey, that's the business when you have multiple toddlers. Multiple toddlers who all miraculously want the same toy (or bucket, or container, or piece of dental floss) at the same exact moment. Even when mere moments before they were both totally engrossed in completely seperate things. Or my favorite, they need to have eight possible toys laying all around them so that in case their sibling decides they are interested in the one that they had their back to, they can immediately claim, "Mom! I was playing with that! He/She took it from me!" Oh the drama.

So today I took Jessenia to the store. This was the first time that I had taken only one children for some special time with just Mommy. Mauricio took it well that he didn't get to come along. We had fun shopping (well, as fun as shopping can be) and when we got home the kids immediately ran to each other and gave each other a great big hug. It was pretty adorable. And it made me think, "Huh, they really do like each other. How sweet."

Then they started arguing over the Disney Dominoes strewn all over the floor at their feet. And just like that. The moment was gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment