Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Hair Cuts

The kids like to pretend that they are giving each other hair cuts. I am careful to leave all scissors well out of their reach, in case they get any funny ideas about real hair cuts. Jessenia will often come up to me and say, "I want to get my hair cuts". It is pretty stinkin' cute. Unfortunately for her I want her hair to grow out so that it will fit in a pony tail. And so that I don't have to deal with those ghastly bangs!
While we were in Snowflake this last weekend we decided to take advantage of Grandpa's mad hair cutting skills and get the kids' hair cut. Reese went first. I wasn't there so I don't have any pictures but apparently it was super traumatizing. He screamed and cried the whole time. When I got there I could tell that he had been crying. He looked good though.
Jessenia wanted to go next. Not only is Grandpa a hair cutting professional he is a 'non-haircutting' genius. He informed me that he has given many a fake haircut in his day. He did an impecable job and Jessenia was thrilled!
Grandpa even left her pigtails in because I didn't want to redo them after the 15 minutes I spent on it that morning. (Kids will believe anything!)
Next up was Brisbane. That's right. Brisbane's first hair cut. He really needed one. He had a mullet. But I still didn't want to do it. Hair cuts are for big kids and Brisbane is still my baby. But the temptation of a free hair cut from Grandpa in a stress free kitchen with Mack there to help won out. So we did it.

Look how cute he is in the little smock. He took it very well. No crying or anything. And Grandpa did a great job!

Mack did have to hold his head because he was a bit squirmy.

He doesn't look too happy in this one.

But in the end he gave Grandpa a big kiss!

His hair looked a lot better and I was glad that we did it. Even if it still makes me a little sad.

Thanks Grandpa, we love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment