Saturday, February 11, 2012

Church

The kids really like going to church. They attended church with their previous foster families and so they are used to it. They used to ask every day if we were going to church. They have now realized that they don't need to ask, we only go once a week. Jessenia has never been fazed by going to nursery. She was a little ticked their first Sunday when I went in to sing with the kids (I am the Primary Chorister) and wouldn't hold her the whole time. Reese on the other hand does freak out a bit when left in Sunbeams. Mack had to sit with him the whole time his first week. Last Sunday he cried in the very beginning (which all of the Sunbeams were doing since it is still the beginning of the year) and then stopped after Mack left. Reese sat next to a member of the Primary Presidency in Sharing/Singing Time. She told me after that while I was teaching he kept poking her and whispering, "That's my mom". Oh dear, makes me want to cry. I love these kids!
They (meaning Reese) also love to read the Book of Mormon each night. I am amazed at how much of the story he remembers the next night. We read an old illustrated Book of Mormon from my childhood and Reese always wants us to point out where the Lamanites are in any picture they are mentioned. It's awesome.
We took some pictures before church last Sunday. I love this first one. It reminds me of a picture of David and I when we were little. He was holding me because I was crying. David loved me even when we were little. Just like you can tell that Reese is a good big brother and loves his little sister.
This is a terrible picture of me (part of my inspiration to stop straightening my hair...it is too long now) but Reese is so adorable I had to include it.



LOVE this picture of Daddy and his little girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment