Tuesday, February 21, 2012

The One Constant Through All The Years...

has been baseball!
Pitchers and catchers reported to Spring Training this last weekend. If you know me, which you should, you will know that I am a baseball fanatic. I now have kids. These kids must be fanatics as well. My father is coming in a couple of weeks and we are taking the kids to their first game to start early indoctrination. We are already three years behind on Reese and two years for Jessenia. Brisbane watched his first game on the computer at one week old!
A couple of weeks ago, out of the blue, Jessenia told me that her favorite sport is baseball. Love her. And that was before formal indoctrination began.
I bought the kids a little T-ball/pitching machine so that we could burn off some energy in the back-dirt (it is not a back-yard, as you can see from the pictures). Plus I thought it was cool. :)
So I took the kids outside and after some initial rules we were free swinging.


Look at that kids form! We don't have much raw talent in the batting department. The kid does have a killer arm though. He's a lefty so I have hope for him.


Jessenia sure was cute. She actually missed the ball on most of her swings and then made contact on the backswing. It was awesome.

Let's be honest, they are two and three. We have lots of time to train them up for the majors.



Then Jessenia decided that she was a better spectator than a player (smart decision...she was right). She sat on that chair in the doorway and cheered Reese on every time he hit the ball. It was super adorable. I wish I could have got the video camera fast enough to capture her clapping away for her big brother.

Then Reese returned the favor. Too cute!


Sidenote: The title of this blog is from my favorite movie of all time...Field of Dreams. If you knew that, you just earned some major bonus points in my book.

No comments:

Post a Comment