Tuesday, July 10, 2012

We All Scream for Ice Cream

When kids are at Grandma's, all rules are off.  It doesn't matter if we go through five outfits a day making a huge mess, as long as we all have fun.  So on that happy note, Grandma whipped out some ice cream bars for the kids...and then gave one to Brisbane without any supervision.
 He refused to hold it by the stick.  "Who needs the stick?  Chocolate on the hands? Just lick it off!  Or rub it in your hair!"
 "Look at me Mom!  I realize I look like a giant in this sad excuse of a high chair you bought me, but I am still in the 5th percentile for weight."
 "Yep.  Grandma was right.  That first bite was delicious!"
 We don't eat much ice cream.  I have a love hate relationahip with ice cream.  If I want it, I want it.  But most of the time I have no desire for it.  I most certainly do not want ice cream with cake or cookies.  Why ruin a good thing?
And even though Brisbane was excited about his ice cream bar, I am pretty sure he feels similarly to me.  He ate all of the chocolate off the bar.  Then he rubbed the ice cream around on his tray like a paintbrush.  When I confiscared the stick, he just rubbed it around with his hands.
Notice how everything we do at Grandma's involves a sticky mess?  Does not bode well for the rest of the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment