Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Vacation Day 4--Las Vegas

Now that the San Diego portion of a our trip was over, we had the Family Reunion for Mack's family to attend.  It was in Utah.  We didn't want to make that drive all in one day and so we decided to make it two days and stop over in Vegas.The drive went surprisingly well.  We learned a few things from the first day of driving and so we had a lot less hitting each other with books this time.  We did however still have toy destruction which banned them from all new toys the rest of the trip.  (I document this only to see if we have any improvement in coming years/trips.)
This was my first Vegas experience (except for slot machines in the airport).  We had to stop at a gas station for a potty break and Reese wanted to know what the colored machines were for.  (He is a bit obsessed with the video games at McDonalds.) 
If I never see Vegas again in my life I will consider my life a complete success.  I hated everything about it.
Except...
 love me some Ethel's Chocolate.  My brother introduced me to Ethels in Chicago and so I was stoked to find out there was a factory in Vegas.  It was the 4th of July so none of the workers were there but we could see all of the machines they use to make the chocolate and get a sample.  Yummy!  We also had to buy some treats for the road.
At the hotel, Reese got a timeout.  Brisbane apparently believes in solidarity in all things and went to join him.  What a pal.

No comments:

Post a Comment