Monday, July 9, 2012

Mr. Chomper

I have only pitted cherries once in my life.  It was at my in-laws house.  We used some metal scissor looking pitters that left your hands all sticky.  Mack had to finish up the cherries because I just could not handle all of the stickiness. So when on the first day at my parent's house, my mother suggested we have the kids pit cherries for lunch, I was worried.  I envisioned head to toe stickiness, a bath, and a change of clothes.  But no.  Behold Mr. Chomper.
 Mr. Chomper is that cute little guy that Reese is holding.  You insert the cherry into his mouth.  Push down on his head.  The pit goes into a chamber in his belly and you remove the now pitless cherry.  No (aka minimal) stickiness.
 I didn't get very many good pictures because it was crowded around the chair.
The kids loved pitting the cherries and loved eating them even more. Grandma proved on day 1 of our trip why Grandma's are so much cooler than parents. I just don't let my kids eat cherries because I don't want to pit them. Of course, my kids now think all cherries are pitless and beg for them. Good thing they have Mack to pit a few for them.
"Hmmm...do you think they will notice if I sneak one?  or two?  or five!?"

No comments:

Post a Comment