Monday, July 9, 2012

Father's Day

Mack heard on the radio that on average, people spend twice as much on Mother's Day gifts than they do for Father's Day.  What a rip off!?  I understand that Mothers work really hard and in most cases are the primary caregiver of the children so I suppose that translates into more expensive gifts.  But at our house Father's Day is of equal or even greater importance.Mack isn't home too terribly much.  He is really busy learning so that we aren't poverty stricken (slight exaggeration) the rest of our lives.  We love and appreciate all of his efforts in trying to balance being a great student, father, son, brother, husband, Young Men's leader, and somewhere find time to enjoy things he likes to do (besides all of those things).  I know that there is no way I would be as dedicated to studying and everything else in my life as he is (which is why it is a good thing we aren't spending thousands of dollars on me going to school).
For Father's Day we bought Dad some gifts, but the best part was the cards the kids made.
We did hand prints on cards with paint.  I don't have any pictures of the painting process because, well, I had three kids alone and was trying to keep everyone happy and paint off of everything.  Then I wrote "I love you" in dots so the kids could trace it.  And then I let them color.
 Reese was the best at tracing his letters.  He was very diligent and wanted to get them all right.
 Jessenia was very focused on her coloring. 
 And since this was Brisbane's first time being allowed to color (he usually eats the crayons and tears the paper...we used colored pencils this time) he was ECSTATIC!

 "What Mom?  You want a picture of this?  Professional, huh?"
The kids also put stickers all over the gifts that I wrapped.  It was a bit of a sticker fest.  We made cinnamon rolls for breakfast and then opened presents.  I don't have any pictures from Father's Day morning.  We must all have just been too excited about Dad!

No comments:

Post a Comment