Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Vacation Day 5--Family

We woke up the next morning and got out of my least favorite place that I have ever visited.  We had a really good day of driving this day, I actually think we improved with each day.  That is everything improved but Brisbane's mood.  He was still not happy with the confinement.
The purpose of going to Utah was for a reunion of all of Mack's parents' posterity.  But I was promised by my husband that the next time we were in Utah we would visit some of my family too.  So before we went to the reunion we stopped at my Aunt Barbara and Uncle Keith's house.  Aunt Barbara is one of my mom's sisters.  She has always been close with our family and I love her and Uncle Keith heaps.
They drug out toys for our kids to play with and Barbara really is my mom's sister and had gone to the dollar store for some little surprises for the kids.  They are basically spoiled rotten.  And those little flashlights proved to be a lifesaver on the drive a few days later.  They fed us dinner and Brisbane may or may not have broken something in their house before we left.  Sorry about that.  It was so great to see them, hopefully we can do it again soon.  (And hopefully next time I will take some pictures....grrrrrr.)
Then we went to meet Mack's family at his sisters house.  A lot of people who read this blog are members of that insanity but I will paint a picture for the rest of my readership.  Mack is the second youngest of nine children.  He was the last to get married, so that is 18 siblings and their spouses.  We have the fewest number of children, and one of the siblings has ten.  When we got Reese and Jessenia, they made 50 grandchildren.  Add Mack's 2 parents and you have 70 people.  Two of the grandkids are now married (one got married at the reunion actually) and so that makes 72.  There were a few missing, but all those people in one house (not to sleep, thankfully) and you get the idea.  It's pretty crazy.
Our kids had all fallen asleep on the way to the reunion and so they were a little groggy when we arrived.  And then they were totally shell shocked by all of their aunts wanting to hug them.  I know that I was totally overwhelmed when I met the family for the first time (and every time thereafter ;)) so I can't even imagine what my kids must have been thinking.  Jessenia would go to Aunt Jo (although I stole her back) and then eventually she would let Uncle Dean hold her.  She does love them.
Once the shock wore off it was straight to bed for the kiddos and a late night of game playing for the adults and big kids.  After several rounds of "Murder" I don't think anyone trusts Russell or Rand. 

No comments:

Post a Comment