Thursday, July 19, 2012

Jessenia's Birthday

Jessenia's actualy birthday is June 27th.  But we got back into town from Carlsbad on the 26th and Mack was taking Boards on the 28th.  So we pushed her celebration back until the 29th.  I don't think she noticed or minded. :)We started the day with pancake breakfast.
 Yep.  My little girl is three.  And yes, I realize that the pancake is huge.  My number making skills aren't very good.  But she ate a lot of it.  You would to if you were three and were presented with a giant chocolate chip pancake.
 I included this picture for sheer cuteness factor.  I love my family!  Plus Mack is Supremo Father!
 After breakfast I asked Jessenia if she wanted to go to the Splash Pad for her birthday.  We have had great success at a little splash pad at an outdoor mall by our house so I thought they would like it.  I then asked if she wanted to go to the little one or the big one.  She wanted to go to the big one (much to her older brother's dismay).
 Brisbane of course ran right in.  No fear or hesitation.
 As did his older siblings.  They loved it!  I am so glad that they have gotten over their 'fraidy-cat ways.  These kids were sticking their faces right into the jets of water.  Then they would run over to us and say, "Did you see!?  I got my face wet!"  SUCCESS!

It was a Friday and the Splash Pad got pretty busy with summer camp and day care groups.  I was pretty impressed how my three kids found each other in the middle of the chaos and played together.
 That is I was impressed until they started drinking the water off the ground.  DISGUSTING!  They had to be threatened with immediate removal from the splash pad in order to get them to stop.
 After we got cleaned up and took naps we had some present opening.
 Jessenia was very excited for her new Princesses.  And no, she is not in pain or constipated, that is just the face we get when we tell her to smile.  This is actually quite good for her, usually she closes her eyes and we have to take ten pictures.
 Look at that haul!  Thanks to all of her grandparents for spoiling our daughter rotten.  She really loved everything she got.
 Mack and I got her this cheap-o trike/big wheel.  We wanted it so that she could learn to pedal before we get her a nice bike/trike.  She likes it but we definately got what we paid for.  Notice the purse on her arm (it has her Princesses in it...and she proceeded to carry them around for days!).
Jessenia wanted "Princess Cupcakes" for her birthday.  I didn't have a lot of time since we just got back from vacation and am not very talanted in the decorating department.  So I bought some little tiaras and dyed the frosting pink.  She was happy.  So I was happy.
I love my sweet little girl.  Most especially I love when she is being sweet to Brisbane.  If he is sad she goes and gets his favorite ducky or runs to the fridge for his sippy cup to try to cheer him up.  She always has lots of things to tell me (some of them true) and she is a singing machine.  She can seamlessly go from ABCD's, (what she calls it) to Twinkle Twinkle Little Star, to Thomas and His Friends, to I Am A Child of God without missing a beat.  Of all my kids she is our most stubborn and our least likely to be pushed around.  Which I secretly love (even if I moan about it to Mack).
I love you Jessenia Jo!

No comments:

Post a Comment