Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Introducing the New Sesame Street Character: Screwdriver!

I don't usually post in the morning but I didn't want to forget this one. I was in the kitchen and the kids were playing with some Sesame Street Alphabet cards. I heard them talking about how they both had a card with Elmo on it. Then I hear them talking about Screwdriver. I had no idea what they were talking about. I look over and Reese is holding a Grover card. I love Grover and thought this was an atrocity that they would A) not know his name, and B) call him Screwdriver (of all things). So I immediately corrected them. I heard Reese call him Screwdriver again so I corrected him one more time and had him repeat the name. (Knowing the names of classic Sesame Street characters is serious business around our house.) Reese seemed to get it them but Jessenia kept calling Grover, Screwdriver. I asked her if she wanted me to call her "Hammer". That seemed to sober her up and cause her to be able to remember Grover's name. Geesh!
Now I am just wondering where the name Screwdriver came from in the first place....

No comments:

Post a Comment