Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Fashion Statements

I think my children got their fashion sense from me. They must take note that I run around all day in pajama bottoms and a t-shirt. But if they had known me in my former life (aka pre-motherhood) they would know that I actually have quite good fashion sense. Meaning, I can at least get my socks on and match colors.
The following pictures were taking on Brisbane's birthday and were just too good not to share.
Really, Jessenia?

Putting socks and shoes on is a constant struggle for this girl. She hates doing it. She cries every time that we tell her she needs to put her socks and shoes on. Well maybe not every time, but at least 90%. It isn't that she is averse to socks and shoes, she just wants us to do it for her. (Tells you what her previous foster parents were like.) We have never done it for her. Usually after crying, screaming, and eventually landing in time out from hitting us or throwing something at us, she will do it. I have now taken to telling her to put them on 30 minutes before we have to leave in anticipation of the meltdown.

As I was getting the kids out of the car to go into the library I noticed that Jessenia's sock wasn't quite on correctly. Now, the sock was at least tucked in to the shoe (that seems painful for her scrunched toes), I pulled the sock out for the effect of the picture. I don't get it. She CAN put them on. She just doesn't want to. To each their own, I suppose. If you would rather wear them like that, go right ahead.

Reese came up to me at some point during the day and asked if I would tie this blanket for him. He had it tucked under his chin (I helped him stuff it in his shirt) and he wanted it to go behind too.
I obliged and then took a picture of how cute he was.


Then I wanted a picture of the back so I could show Mack how we tied it on. I asked Reese to turn around so I could take a picture and he gave me this...

Straight off the red carpet, over the shoulder pose. LOVE it! I started cracking up and snapped the picture.

To summarize: Reese is going to be a model and Jessenia is going to live the rest of her life in bare feet. Just remember, you knew them when.

No comments:

Post a Comment