Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Backdirt Annihilation--Phase 1

If you are a loyal reader ({small cough} my mother and mother-in-law) you know that we do not currently have a backyard. Instead we have back-dirt. It is something we have known we had to take care of from the moment we moved in but we are too lazy and too cheap to do it.
The real Phase 1 of getting rid of the back dirt was removing the enormous weeds (oh, really? Those were trees?) from the back-dirt. Mack did this with much success. Although he still has to remove one of the stumps/root systems and somehow get the other 300+ pound stump out of the yard. But we will refer to the removal of the trees as Phase 0.
Then we got kids and realized we needed to speed the process along so they could enjoy the beautiful spring weather here in Arizona without needing to change their clothes due to excessive filth. So instead of laying pavers (the original plan) which would have taken us way too long and only saved us a little bit of money, we decided to hire a patio layed. Best. Decision. Ever. (Ok, second best decision to marrying my amazing husband.)
And that patio is officially Phase 1 of Backyard Annihilation 2012.

And in one day the back-dirt has become smaller. I love it. I love opening the blinds in the morning just to look at it. I love that Zippy can go out and lay on it. And I love that my kids love it. I mean look at the smile on that girl's face from standing on a concrete slab!
Oh? You think she is smiling because of the bubbles? Hmph. I personally think the patio is more exciting. But to each their own.

Cute kids+concrete patio=Family Bliss

No comments:

Post a Comment