Monday, April 23, 2012

One of THOSE posts

This is another one of 'those' posts where I post pictures of how adorable my kids are before church.  Notice I said before.  They are usually a little less cute by the time we get to church.  Jessenia's hair is always coming undone and Reese and Brisbane often already have stains on their clothes. 
When we adopted these two toddlers, Mothers everywhere failed to mention that kids grow out of their clothes fast.  I mean really fast.  I can't keep up with the bins of clothes I have for these kids.  I have a bin for each kid that I am putting things into as they grow out of them and another bin for each kid that holds the size of clothes that they are growing into.  That's six bins!  Due to the generosity of a meriad of people (including my wonderful sister-in law and some ward members) we have a good foundation of clothes for our kids in sizes up to the age of 5.  But we are constantly filling in gaps because kids like to get their clothes dirty and I only do laundry once a week.  (Sidenote:  I hate laundry.  When I was in college I only did laundry once every two weeks.  I actually went and bought more underwear so that I could do my laundry less often.  Too much information?  Sorry.)
I hate paying full price for clothes and so I check out the Target clothing clearance whenever I am there.  Usually I don't find much (because I am such a cheapskate and it must be at least 50% off for me to buy it...or us be in dire need) but this last week I found some cute summer pj's and Sunday clothes (both much needed items).
I wish I had a picure of Brisbane in his rocket ship pj's....SOOO cute.  But I just have these ones of Reese and Jessenia in some of their new Sunday clothes.
 The skirt is new.  I bought her a blue dress also but when given the choice between the two she wanted to wear the pink skirt...go figure.
 Shut the front door!  Look at that kid.  He looks like a cotton candy salesman at the fair.  That bow tie was a whopping 50 cents on clearance after Easter.  The shirt is new too, but the bow tie is where it is at.
 We took some pictures of them together.  Mostly because they are priceless and they will be glad for them later.  I told Jessenia to hug Reese.  That girl can give a hug and a half.
 Then told Reese to hug Jessenia.  I don't know what the obsession with hugging people from behind and around the neck is (remember the truck shirts?) but still cute (although Jessenia looks slightly terrified, "Mom...save me!").
Then we just linked arms.  Too cute. 
Reese was really excited about that bow tie.  He kept calling it a bow and Mack kept telling him it was a bow tie.  Of course Jessenia wanted a bow, so I put one in her hair (which I always do for church).  After church we changed clothes and Reese wanted to know where his bow was ("bow tie, Reese, bow tie," -Mack).  I told him that I put it away.  He was bummed.  But when I told him he can wear it to church next week and even to his cousin's baptism on Saturday he was stoked.  Who would of thought so much joy from a bow tie?  Well I would of.  Because looking at him in that bow tie brings me joy.

2 comments:

  1. Super cute, and too funny. I may or may not have caught Reese licking his bow tie a few times during sharing time. I may or may not have laughed and winked at him. : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is good to know that bow tie doubles as a snack. Now that you have banned snacks in Primary, the kid needs something to sustain him! :)

      Delete