Monday, April 16, 2012

Easter Fun

We had a really fun week leading up to Easter. The kids and I made Easter bunny jello jigglers (they were a disaster and unedible, but the kids had fun making them) and Easter sugar cookies. This is what I learned about making sugar cookies with kids. Be prepared to make two batches. The measurements of the first batch were definately off. This was no doubt a result of my kids missing the bowl and dumping the ingredients on the counter. Or maybe it was them moving the measuring spoon just as I was about to pour and it all going into the bowl. The first batch ended up having to be frozen so that it would be hard enough to roll out and cut. I made a second batch while the kids were being bathed (thanks Mack) and it went much faster and much better!
The night before Easter we decorated Easter eggs. The kids had a good time.
The pack of Easter dye (that I bought on clearance last year after Easter) only had three colors in it. I had bought it thinking Brisbane would only need three colors and so was a bit dissappointed that Reese and Jessenia only got three colors. Well, it proved to be two colors too many. They both just wanted to dye all of their eggs pink. But they relented and did use the blue when their sibling was busy with the pink. I used the yellow. The kids wanted to know at the end how I ended up with a green egg. :)
The Easter bunny was very generous with our kids. They got a few little things, mostly candy, and a few quarters each. It was more than enough and they loved it.
We also had a little Easter egg hunt. All of the eggs were hidden in plain sight. The kids did not have to move anything to find them. Reese was much better at it than Jessenia.
You see that little pink egg sitting just under the sofa? Mack was trying to help Jessenia find an egg. Any egg. He told her to look under the sofa. She did. Didn't see it. Mack told her to lay down and look. She did, but her foot was right in front of the egg and she couldn't see it. Heavens to Betsy! I was about to tell her to just sit this one out before she hurt herself when Mack went over and pointed at it for her. I think we need to hone her skills some for next year.
Brisbane missed the hunting but was still thrilled with his little basket.
After most of the candy was consumed we convinced the kids that it was time to get ready for church. I didn't buy any special clothes for the kids but Jessenia had a super cute dress that came with her (that kind of sounds like I bought her and the dress was a free item, "On sale this week, one adorable two year old." "Special Purchase: Buy one stinkin' cute two year old and get a free dress."). It worked and the kids looked cute so we took some snapshots.
We are constantly telling Jessenia to get her fingers out of her mouth. But the cutest pictures are of course the ones where she doesn't listen to us. You just want to eat her in that pictures it is so cute. The eyes.....awwwwwwww.
What a stud! Love this picture of my handsome little man. His hair didn't stay parted for long, but good effort on his father's part.
No pictures of Brisbane in his church clothes. We took some of all three kids and it was a mess. Maybe next year.
It was a good day. I love Easter and all that it means to my family and I. I am grateful for my Savior and the sacrifice that He made for me. I know that He lives and that He loves me.

No comments:

Post a Comment