Friday, April 6, 2012

"Mom, Did you take off your dresser?"

The kids have this little dishes set complete with an apron and chef's hat. Reese is especially fond of it, much to his father's dismay (the pink and bows). While I was sick they asked me to help them put them on.

Too cute!
Jessenia of course needed a turn.
While Jessenia was wearing the get-up, Reese asked me if we had two of them. My first thought was I could just go buy another one. Then I thought maybe I should make one for Reese that is not pink and bow-ified. I told him that we would find him one, and that maybe I would make him one. Of course then he had requests. He told Mack when Mack got home that he was getting one with Thomas on it. Ummm...no. I did not agree to that and I refuse to feed into that addiction.
The kids knew that I had an apron also, so Reese asked if I would put it on. I obliged. Eventually I had to take mine off. Reese asked me at dinner, "Mom, did you take off your dresser?" "uhhhhhh." "The one with the flowers?" "Oh! That is called an apron." "So, you did take off your dresser?" "Yes, Reese. I took off my apron."

No comments:

Post a Comment