Friday, April 13, 2012

Baby Steps

"Baby Stepping it to the door. Baby Stepping it out of the office. Baby Stepping it into the elevator. It works!"
Finally!
After much bribery with toys and with all of the right conditions aligning I was able to coax 13 steps out of Brisbane on Tuesday. They were a small 13 steps and he didn't get very far but progress is progress.
On Wednesday he was brave enough on his own to take a few steps away from the furniture and then drop to his knees. But since no bribery was used, I felt that this was even more progress.
He hasn't made much progress since then. Except to finally let Mack see him in action. He has been hiding his talents under a bushel from his father. I believe it is his own personal brand of punishment that his father studies so much.
Hopefully soon he will be chasing after the big kids. And I really mean that I hope he chases after them and doesn't run in a different direction at the library.

No comments:

Post a Comment