Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Diet

I took Brisbane to the doctor last week for his one year well check. We have known that he was a bit of a wisp, but we didn't know how much. He has LOST weight since he got his flu shot in February. Now it was less than a pound and the doctor wasn't overly concerned but since he is already in only the 10-15th percentile for weight, something must be done.
The doctor suggested that we feed him a steady diet of cheese, butter, peanut butter, and milkshakes. "Basically anything that you shouldn't eat." Ummm, thanks Dr. Was that a fat joke?
So I did something that I thought I would never do. I think it is subhuman. I added butter to Ramen noodles {collective gag}. To give everyone in cyber space an idea of how truly disgusting that is, here is a gee-whiz fact for ya. When Mack and I were on Weight Watchers, I found out that a package of Ramen Noodles is 8 points. That is one-third of all of my points for a whole day. Yuck! Point is... not healthy. And definately not something that "you should eat".
So here is a typical days food for the Brisanator:
Breakfast: banana mixed with peanut butter (or is it peanut butter with a little banana?) (Brisbane drinks a lot of milk to wash this one down) OR oatmeal with (a lot of) butter mixed in.
Snack: Full fat yogurt (loves this stuff...we have to cut him off at some point because a snack shouldn't last 30 minutes)
Lunch: peanut butter on bread, some crackers, whatever bit the kids are eating (plus butter), and more yogurt
Snack: Milkshake (ice cream and whole milk)
Dinner: whatever we are eating (plus butter) (the kids all want butter on their vegetables. no.), a piece of bread with peanut butter
I usually try to sneak in some string cheese and/or some more butter somewhere during the day. It is an awesome diet. Hopefully it works. Otherwise we have to go on toddler formula and I would rather eat Ramen noodles with butter than do that!

1 comment:

  1. I covet your kid's butter diet.

    And after reading your post, I want a snack of toast with peanut butter.

    Oh, to be stuck with Brisbane's diet. What a lucky, lucky kid!

    ReplyDelete