Thursday, April 5, 2012

The Many Uses of Blocks

I love that it is a universally appealing activity to children to build a tower with blocks and then knock it over. I noticed from a very early age that Brisbane was fascinated with knocking over anything that I had stacked. Reese protects his towers fiercely from Brisbane so that Reese and Reese alone can be the one who gets the sheer joy of toppling the blocks over.
But I learned this week that Brisbane can find much joy from blocks that are not stacked. He has discovered many hitherto unknown uses.
1) The Disguise.
Who needs those black glasses with the moustache attached? Just hold some blocks in your mouth and use them as a nose. I believe I have mentioned that Brisbane is excellent at carrying things in his mouth due to his refusal to walk. This discovery was a biproduct of the necessity to carry the blocks and crawl.
2) See Mom, No Arms!

Who needs to walk when they can crawl and not use their arms!? Brisbane has discovered that he can just scoot around the tile floor without exerting any movement of the arms.

I fear at this rate he may never learn to walk. Can't say that I blame him. If I could carry things without using my hands and scoot around without moving my arms I might have just stayed a crawler as well.
"MWUAHAHAHAHA! I am a genius baby who explores unknown uses for blocks from the crawling position!"

No comments:

Post a Comment