Friday, April 13, 2012

Happy Birthday to Me!

I turned 26 yesterday. I know, I am getting up there. It is a far cry from the 17 year old who the Elder's Quorum President tried to get kicked out of the Singles Ward when I went to college because, "I should still be in Young Women's". (He was joking.) But I digress. We had a fun day and in general the kids were nice to me. In fact, there was no screaming in our house (miracle of miracles), I should have a birthday every day.
After running errands in the morning I swung through Wendy's to get lunch since it was my birthday and I didn't want to make lunch. I told the kids that it was my special birthday lunch. As we were all sharing a Frosty. Reese said, "I LIKE your birthday!"
Later, we were opening presents. I got a card with some money in it. Reese then said, "You now have money to get donuts!" (Sidenote: The kids sometimes get money from their grandparents for holidays. They currently have some from Easter that we are going to use to go get a donut. Apparently Reese thinks I need/would like dozens of donuts.)
Mack was very nice to me and made me a cake. We went out to dinner. On the way there I said, "This isn't going to be a total disaster is it? Do you think we can make it this whole meal without one of them freaking out?" (We had never taken the kids to a sit down restaraunt.) I made a wise/motherly decision in selecting Texas Roadhouse. The bread/peanuts and yee-hawing (not for me) kept them all entertained. Brisbane enjoyed people watching the most.
I also recieved this gem:
(the black one). I remember when Mack and I got married and he had this fancy laptop that ran at the speed of light. Yea, those days are long gone. That speedy fast silver computer now must be plugged in at all times (it won't hold a charge). It also cannot be jostled at all or it will turn off and take 20 minutes to reboot. It takes me 15 minutes to open a webpage and 30 to upload a picture to this blog. Sometimes it even refuses to boot up. Mack told me that I had to get over being a cheapskate and let him get me a new computer. He got a smoking deal and so I let him. So glad. I have known this beauty was on the way so I have been slacking on my blog. I have some catching up to do (Easter!) but I am facing it now head on.
Thanks Babe! And Happy Birthday to Me!

No comments:

Post a Comment