Thursday, August 30, 2012

Shaving Cream

One of my very first blog posts was about doing Shaving Cream Art with the kids. It was not a huge success, the kids thought it was pretty gross. But we are eight months older and wiser so I thought I would give it another go (this time with Brisbane in tow).
 We went outside because now that we have a patio, that is our defacto location for anything messy.  As you can see, Reese was pretty into it.  At the end, he had to put on new clothes because he had shaving cream all over his shoes, shorts, shirt, and hair.  And since a mess is his definition of fun, I think he had fun.
 Jessenia wasn't quite as enthusiastic as Reese but she went along with it.  I just think she wasn't sure what to do with all the shaving cream. 
 Reese practiced writing letters and made some pictures.
Jessenia just wanted me to draw a flower for her and then not let Brisbane mess it up. 
No pictures of Brisbane?  That's because he lasted three seconds and then just wanted to put shaving cream on the side of the house and the chairs out there.  Based on my limited sampling and extensive scientific study, I would say that this activity is appropriate for four year olds and up. 

No comments:

Post a Comment