Friday, August 31, 2012

$20 Challenge--Week 2

I made a rookie mistake at my first store this week and thought that we were going to have a bust (it lost me $2.50).  But I did my first ever coupon trip to Dollar Tree and that boosted my results (and my spirits) for the week. 

What I got:
1 small bottle of lotion (FREE)
1 Gillette Men’s Razor (FREE)
1 Venus Women’s Razor (FREE)
2 boxes of Biore nasal strips
2 bottles of Biore cleanser
2 small bottles dish soap
2 6-packs flavored water
4 boxes Honey Bunches of Oats
2 packages of hot dogs (FREE)
3.69 lbs bananas
3.48 lbs. nectarines
1 dozen eggs (FREE)
2 small ketchups (FREE)
1 package gummi bears
1 loaf of bread
3.5 lbs. grapes
1 package hamburger buns
1 package hot dog buns
2 small boxes Shredded Wheat (FREE)
1 Kraft Sizzling Salads (dressing/marinade combo) (FREE)
2 frozen Super Pretzel Bites
2 deodorants (FREE)
2 Maybelline lipsticks (FREE)
 
Total Out of Pocket:  $23.54
Earned $10 towards future purchases
Total saved with sales & coupons:  $103.36

Both weeks my out of pocket has been over $20.  But if I subtracted the money earned towards future purchases I would be under, I am counting it as a success for the first two weeks.  I like to think of it as the spirit of the challenge instead of the letter of the challenge.  Cheating?  Maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment