Saturday, May 19, 2012

Pool Time

Why oh why oh why do I live in Arizona?  It is something I have asked myself since my first summer here and I didn't have a sufficient answer until I married Mack.  That also meant that I had someone to blame for the idiocy of living somewhere where the temperature is over 90 degrees three fourths of the year (ok, maybe just two thirds...but a lot of it!).  I cannot wait to find out where our next adventure will take us after medical school.  That's right.  We have zero intention of remaining in Arizona (it is actually not even possible with the military residencies we will be applying to).So what does one do to beat the heat?  Stays trapped inside their house all day with three kids?  No!  Puts a pool on the back porch?  Yes!
 I will admit that the water was a little cold, since I just filled it up and they couldn't wait to jump in (they would have only needed to give it an hour...the sun would of had that water boiling).  Reese and Jessenia only wanted to walk around in it at first, but once they saw how much fun Brisbane was having sitting down, they joined it.
 Reeser loved it!  It is so funny to me that he rallied his siblings to play the exact same pool games that my brothers and I played in our backyard pool.  Surely every kids swims around the edge of hte pool as fast as they can in a circle to get the water spinning? 
 Look at that cute little beach baby!  If she doesn't get too negatively influneces by Reese's fear of water, she could be our little fish. 
 And what can I say!?  He was having the time of his LIFE!  He did get knocked over once by his brother, but didn't cry.  And as soon as I told the kids that they had ten more minutes, he decided to stick his face in the water repeatedly.
That inspired Reese and Jessenia to lay on their tummies and stick their faces in (well most of their face).  They decided it was worth it to get your face wet to blow bubbles in the water.
I am loving our little pool.  I am envisioning many hours spent out there this summer.  The kids may not like it as much when I infringe on their turf by dumping ice in the pool and laying in it to cool down.  Ice makes a good pool toy, right?

2 comments:

  1. Toooo cute! What gems your kiddos are! I'm still waiting for it to warm up enough here in Utah for the pool! Can't wait to hear where you guys are moving to! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Beth, we think they are pretty cute. :) Don't worry, it will be warm soon enough & then you will long for that Spring weather again.

      Delete