Thursday, May 3, 2012

"Mom, I'm sick..."

At dinner on Tuesday night I informed Reese that he was going to the doctor the next day.  It was just a well check, no big deal.  Reese just wanted to know if he was going to have to get a shot.  I told him no.  He seemed disappointed.  I asked if he wanted a shot and told him that I was sure I could arrange a flu shot if he wanted one.  He told me that he did not want a shot.
Then sweet little Jessenia spoke up, "Mom, I'm sick".  Yeah right!  This kid LOVES going to the doctor.  She wants to be prescribed medicine each and every time we go.  She gets devastated if we are not going to the doctor for her specifically.  I told her that she was not sick.  That she got to tag along at the doctor but that she just got to sit with me.  She was disappointed.
I don't get it.  Medicine must taste better than when I was a kid.  I hated (and still do) going to the doctor.
I hope Jessenia isn't too disappointed when Mack is a doctor and she rarely gets to go into the office when she is sick and will just be diagnosed at home.  I know I won't be sad.  Three kids at the doctor is a pain in the neck!

No comments:

Post a Comment