Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Lofty Aspirations

This is a frequent conversation with Reese these days:
"Mom?"
"Yes?"
"Tomorrow, when I am bigger, I am going to drive a city bus and Jessenia is going to drive a school bus."
"Really?  Do you want to learn to drive a car like Mom and Dad?"
"No.  Just a bus.  I will drive a city bus and Jessenia will drive a school bus."
"Cool."
We are kind of hoping for some other career goals as he gets older.  Also, I am hoping that Jessenia is ok with already being pegged into her future career.  I can just envision the two of them driving around the town in their busses.  Weirdies!
This all stems from when Reese and Jessenia first moved in with us they referred to all busses as school busses.  For simplicities sake, I told them that only yellow busses are school busses and that the rest are city busses.  And so was born an obsession.  They must point out every bus.  Then classify it.  Then be sure that everyone in the car saw it and is aware of its proper classification.  It's pretty cute.
I suppose having a couple of bus drivers in the family wouldn't be so bad.  I was kind of hoping for a dentist, but whatever.

2 comments:

  1. Hahaha. This is awesome. Hey, free bus passes maybe, right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Silver Lining! I hadn't even thought of that perk!

      Delete