Friday, May 25, 2012

Let's Go Fly a Kite

When my parents were here in February (hence why some people have jackets on) my Dad and I took Reese and Jessenia to the park to fly kites while the workers were laying our patio.  Flying kites is one of those things that I get pretty excited about.  I don't do it that often anymore but I always love it.  My dad taught me how when I was little and I remember all of the other kids in the neighborhood were super jealous of my father and I and our kite flying abilities.  So in the spirit of passing on our skills, I mean passing on hours of fun and enjoyment, we took the kids to give it a shot.  I have to admit, Dad and I were a little rusty.  Plus the kids were not super cooperative.  And I don't think that they enjoyed it quite as much as I wanted them to (go figure).
Warning:  Once again, the pictures aren't the best.  I forgot to take my camera and was using my phone (aka no zoom).
 We had two kites.  A tiger and the fancy American flag one you see in this picture.  Dad and Jessenia were gracious enough to let Reese and I use the tiger (which was an infinitely better kite).
 There is Dad struggling to keep his kite in the air and two kids wrangled at the same time.
 Grandpa got the kite in the air and handed over the reins. 
 The kids were actually really good at it.
 But it does require a LOT of concentration.  Don't break eye contact, Reese.  Notice he is wearing my sunglasses. He couldn't see the kite which was distressing to him so I let him borrow my glasses.  Then he wouldn't give them back...stinker!
 Here are both kids flying the kites.  I am pretty sure at this point the strings are about to get tangled and the adults had to intervene.  

 Then when the kids were bored of kite flying they decided to hide in, under, around, and behind Grandpa's legs.  Grandpa doesn't seem to mind too much. :)

Maybe next year we will let Brisbane try his hand at kite flying.  We could teach all three of them to be kite fighters.  If only we knew how to teach that...

No comments:

Post a Comment