Friday, October 5, 2012

Siblings= Best Friends

Brothers.  I love that my boys are such good buddies.  Reese may be a little rough.  And Brisbane may be a little destructive.  But at the end of the day they really do love playing together.  I think it is because Jessenia is much better at playing on her own and enjoys living in her own imagination.  Reese and Brisbane sometimes ruin that.  The boys love to run and chase and tackle and wrestle each other.  It is too cute (and definitely dangerous).
But Jessenia joins in the fun a lot of the time and is the perfect sister.  She is equal parts sweet with Brisbane and the perfect playmate for Reese.  I love that my kids are so close in age (or at least today at this moment I love it) because they always have each other.  They may not get along every moment of the day, but they get along most of the time.  
Reese and Jessenia don't usually see each other at preschool but on the rare days that they are at recess together, it is the first thing Reese tells me in the car.  
"Mom!  Jessenia and I had recess together today!"  "Cool.  Did you have fun?"  "She didn't want to play with me.  But I made her."  "Oh. Great."  Jessenia:  "Yeah, it was fun!"
(Disclaimer:  I don't remember if I already put the following story on my blog.)  One day Mack was telling the kids that Mommy was his best friend.  Reese said, "Well Jessenia is MY best friend!"  It was pretty cute and I try to remind him of that when she bugs the heck out of him.
 I got the water table out earlier in the week so Brisbane could play with it while the other kids were at preschool.  Reese and Jessenia have been green with envy ever since.  So I let them have a go at it yesterday afternoon.
 Brisbane loves sharing his water table but sometimes he just has to dive right in and get what he wants.  You go for it Brisanator! (Look at the look in Jessenia's eye.  She is either thinking, "Awwww...look how cute he is."  Or more likely, "Good idea, do you think Mom would think it was ok if I did that too?")

No comments:

Post a Comment