Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Halloween, Take 1

When we first asked the kids in September what they wanted to be for Halloween, they had no idea what we were talking about.  I think Jessenia wanted to be a lion and Reese wanted to be a dinosaur.  Since I had high hopes of making their costumes this year, and those seemed insurmountable, we gave them some guidance.  We included the above mentioned lion and dinosaur in their lists of options, and they finally settled on a Princess and a Train Conductor.
Our neighborhood has a little Halloween party every year.  We have never gone, but decided we would take the kids and check it out.
But a photo shoot was necessary, first:
 We ended up buying Reese's costume, since I couldn't find an overall pattern.
 And he basically is the cutest train conductor I have ever seen.
 We were given a chicken and a ladybug costume from some friends.  This year Brisbane was a Gentleman bug...
 "So! Being a ladybug automatically makes me a girl! Is that it, fly boy? Huh?!"--Francis, A Bug's Life.
 And Jessenia was our Princess.  I made her costume, which basically meant she got the raw end of the deal.
 But I think she was happy.  Mostly because I let her wear makeup.  I am hoping she wants to be a Princess next year, since I learned a lot from making this costume. (Lesson #1:  Make costume when my mother's machine is here... mine can't handle synthetic fabric.)
 Our adorable trio.
 At the party, Brisbane was mostly excited about the free cotton candy.
 Reese and Jessenia loved the bouncy house that they had free reign of.
 And when they were sick of bouncing, they proceeded to eat their way through the party.
 Each of the kids got a goodie bag...the best item was the fake fangs!
Very spooky.  One Halloween Party down.

No comments:

Post a Comment