Friday, October 19, 2012

Baskets of Fun

We don't have cable, just the awesome rabbit ears.  Which is fine most of the time, but during baseball season it is a total drag (yes, I realize baseball season would be in fact "most of the time").  During postseason baseball, it is absolute torture.  So I watch the play by play online and during any tense moments, my dad calls and talks me through it.  He likes to call it, 'holding each others hand'.  Thank goodness the NLCS is on Fox, so that I can just watch the games.  Not that I don't love holding my dad's hand through the phone.  But the Division Series was on cable, so I spent a lot of time listening to my father's own special brand of play by play.
One of these days the kids were outside playing.  There was much contention over who got to play in the blue laundry basket.  The blue laundry basket is where we store the outside toys when we are not playing with them.  I know, the kids have a playset with a slide, a million balls, bikes, the Cozy Coupe, and they are still arguing over a dirty laundry basket.  
So what does any good mother do who is ignoring her kids to listen to the baseball game?  Goes and gets the other two laundry baskets she owns and takes them outside.
 Then the kids were so adorable, I had to take pictures.
 Did you know that the most fun way to play with a laundry basket is to sit in it and then tip over?  I didn't either.  But my kids think it is hilarious.

 Brisbane somehow ended up with the largest basket, which he had a hard time getting in and out of.  It was also not as conducive to tipping.

When outside time was over (aka Dad came home and the baseball game ended), the white laundry baskets came inside and Reese and Brisbane pushed them around the sofa.  Brisbane was cracking up (and cracking us up) with how much fun he was having.  He was trying to stay ahead of Reese and any time he turned around and saw Reese on his tail, he would squeal and have a giggle fit.
I am sure my kids will be happy when baseball season is over and they have their mother back.  But until then, they seem to be having a pretty good time!

No comments:

Post a Comment