Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Columbus Day

On Friday, the first thing Reese said when he got in the car after preschool today was, "We don't have school on Columbus Day".  "That's right.  No school on Monday." "Why?"  "Because your teachers need a break."  He then went around the whole weekend telling people that there is no school on Columbus Day because teachers need a break.  That was about my understanding of Columbus Day until I was in Middle School, so we still have a few years to correct that misconception.
Mack also had Monday off (YEAH!) and so we decided to take advantage of our Botanical Gardens membership.
We had a fun day strolling through the Gardens and trying to explain all of the plants and the occasional animal to the kids.
 I could only sucker one kid into being in my picture...I must have smelled bad or something.
 The weather is finally cooling down around here.  That means that we are in the low 90's instead of the 100's.  I checked the weather today and the high is supposed to be 77 on Friday...I. can't. wait!
 Mack was the only one lucky enough to have a butterfly land on him in the Butterfly Pavilion.
I wanted Jessenia to squat down next to a butterfly that was sitting on the rocks behind her.  By the time she figured it out, the butterfly was gone, but I got this cute picture of her.
We had a really fun day and we are excited to go back.
This morning at breakfast Reese asked me if it was a school day.  I told him no.  He replied, "Oh.  It's Columbus Day."  Ummmm.....

No comments:

Post a Comment