Monday, June 3, 2013

Brisbane Is Two!

Brisbane's birthday was back in March.  Wow, that sentence was pathetic, since it's JUNE!  Ugh.
Brisbane's birthday always does and always will make me think of his birth mother, Cory.  I wrote a lot about her and the day Brisbane was born last year so I won't rehash.  But I think when you experience the miracle of adoption through the sacrifice of someone else it is something that stays with you.  Brisbane is such a special little boy and there are days that I forget that he was adopted.  He is just such a part of us.
I remember not feeling completely on my A-game on Brisbane's birthday this year.  No special field trip or craft.  But I don't think he really cared...he was just in it for the presents.  I went a bit overboard this year (with the help of the grandparents) as I will probably do every year (sorry Mack).
 Yep.  That was the best picture I got of Brisbane sitting in front of his presents.  He did a lot better when he turned one.  Big cheeser!  This was not a good picture taking phase for him.
 But he was very diligent in opening all of his presents.  Except after he opened one gift that had clothes in it and then got to another one with clothes, as soon as he saw a little bit to know it was clothing, he threw it aside.  That's a good boy.
 Reese and Jessenia did a good job of being patient through Brisbane's special day.  I am glad I prefaced this post with talk of me not feeling well that day, because look at Jessenia's hair!  Talk about scraggly!
 Brisbane wanted to share his new helicopter and plane with Reese and Jessenia.  It was very sweet.
 And then he opened this fire truck.  He pushed one of the buttons and I was fast enough to catch this look that he gave Mack.  He thought it was the coolest thing he had ever seen/heard.
 And then he flashed me a winning grin.
The best part of the day may have been dinner.  As previously mentioned, we always eat out for birthdays.  Mack and I chose for Brisbane again because he is clueless.  We wanted something with a play place because that is all Brisbane would care about but we didn't want McDonald's.  So we decided on Chik-fil-A.  It was the best thing we could have ever done.  It was like giving ourselves a birthday present.  The play area was clean.  The parents don't have to sit in the play area with the kids because it is enclosed with glass so you can watch from your table.  The play place is small and so big kids are easily bored and don't stay in there and torment my children.  And it was clean.  Plus we got better food.  As we were leaving I convinced Reese and Jessenia that Chik-fil-A is better than McDonald's.  Major score!
 Brisbane was definitely more excited about his cake this year.
 And this time he blew out his candles all by himself.
We love you Brisbane Aaden and are so glad you are in our lives!

No comments:

Post a Comment