Monday, April 8, 2013

D is for Dropper

Ah, my love hate relationship with all things kid art.  I feel that art and creativity are important--LOVE.  But the mess is less than desirable--HATE.  Add to that the expense and collection of materials.  The putting together and taking down.  The fights that insue over totally obsolete parts of the project.  The inability to follow the simplest instructions.  It demotivates me from all of the grand plans I have for the week when I think of all the things I hate about art projects.  Particularly since they get thrown away as soon as they dry.
But I conquered all of my hates on this particular week and went with a little Drop Art.
 Mix water with paint (washable probably isn't the best for this since it doesn't mix well with water, but under no circumstances am I allowing my kids near non-washable paint), give kids eye droppers and a piece of paper, and let them go to town. 
 Voila!  We have art.  The kids had a good time, even if it was a little hard for them to suck up the paint in the beginning.
And look, we only made one tiny little mess.  I can handle that.

No comments:

Post a Comment