Tuesday, April 9, 2013

F is for Feather

When doing a letter a week, some letters just are naturally more fun than others.  F was a naturally fun letter, in my professional opinion.  I decided to have the kiddos glue feathers to a giant F.  Reese did a capital F and Jessenia did a lower case f.  I was right to think this was an outside activity because feathers are MESSY!  I was wrong to think feathers were an outside activity because even with the absence of wind, they blow EVERYWHERE.  You win some.  You lose some.
 The best part was watching how much glue the kids thought they needed to glue the fragile little feathers to their paper.  I'll give you a hint, it was WAY too much.
 And then the glue made the feathers stick to their fingers.  Which was hilarious to watch them try to get it off. 
Reese glued three feathers on and declared his done.  Too bad he has an OCD mother who made him cover the entire inside of the feathers.  Come on man, if I am going to drag Brisbane to the craft store to buy a bag of feathers, we are going to get our money's worth. 

No comments:

Post a Comment