Monday, March 4, 2013

Finger Painting

Brisbane often gets the short end of the stick.  While the other kids are living it up at preschool he is usually sitting in a shopping cart.  Preschool time is my only time to run errands with one child.  I hate running too many errands in the evening since it is my only time with Mack.  So I try to limit my errand running to one day a week and do activities with Brisbane on the other days.  I thought Brisbane would enjoy some good old fashioned finger painting.
 I gave him two colors to start with. 

He immediately wanted to wash his hands.  Brisbane is the kid who anytime we walk outside, immediately squats down and grabs two fistfuls of dirt.  I never would have imagined that he wouldn't like getting dirtified with paint. 


I convinced him to stay in his high chair, although he preferred to get paint on his chair and not on the paper.

 Eventually he got into it a bit more, but I am convinced this was more for my benefit than because he actually enjoyed it.
"Have I done it enough, Mom?  Can I get down?"
Maybe we will try again in a month or two.  Maybe.


No comments:

Post a Comment