Friday, June 8, 2012

Yucky

We braved the heat this morning and went to the park.  And surprisingly enough, it was not too bad.  I checked before we left to be sure it hadn't broken 90 degrees yet and the kids played mostly in the shade so we kept nice and cool.
This was the first time we went to the park since Brisbane has started walking and so that I was interesting.  He loved climbing up and down the steps of the playset (he just loves raising my heart rate). 
Jessenia saw a 'bunny rabbit' and asked if she could go get it.  I told her 'sure' and she was off.  Obviously I knew there was no way she was going to catch a rabbit but I let her try.  It was hilarious.  The kids were very disgruntled when the rabbit went into a bush and they couldn't follow.  I think they felt like the rabbit cheated.
But mostly the kids just played in the sand.  They found as much rubbish as they could in the sand to use as sand toys: bottle caps, leather from a baseball, water jug flip top lid, sticks, etc.  Maybe I should invest in some sand toys?  They were pretty disgusting, but the worst was when Reese asked, "What is this?"  "Ewww, Reese!  Drop it!  It's yucky!  That's a cigarette!"  He obediently dropped it and then turned to his sister, "Don't touch those {pointing}, that's a cigaryucky!"
I felt satsfied that he got the gist of it.  Cigaryucky?  Exactly!

No comments:

Post a Comment