Monday, June 18, 2012

Tent or Temple?

Last Friday the kids were getting on my. last. nerve.  The choices were between going to bed at 3 in the afternoon or trying to find a major distraction.  I chose major distraction.
 So I scrounged around in the garage and got out our two person tent to set up in our living room.  I would have sent them outside but it was 114 degrees and we only have the backdirt...no grass, so inside it was.
 The kids went and collected their pillows...
 and blankets.  And had a blast!
 Brisbane spent most of his time checking out the exterior integrity of the structure.  He declared my work acceptable after his thorough 20 minute inspection.
 Jessenia was a bit confused about what we had set up in our living room.  When Mack came home she said, "Did you see the temple!?"  We had no idea what she was talking about, until we realized that she meant the tent.  I choose to believe that she has a highly advanced grasp of the Old Testament and knows that the tabernacles set up in Old Testament times were portable tents.  Spritual Genius, that one is.
It was a fun day.  The kids enjoyed it.  They probably would have loved it even more if they had realized that it helped them avoid a 3 o'clock bed time. 

2 comments:

  1. Haha, you are so funny :) Love your little spiritual genius, quality control inspector, and cutie with the big grin! Great idea, I'm going to log this "save me from insanity" tent idea away for a rainy day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Monica!
    Annette is here with me and says she wants a little boy like one of your cute ones!

    You are a great mom! Love your example!

    ReplyDelete