Monday, July 1, 2013

Simple Things

Grandmas are magic!  They take the simplest things and make them into the most fun and entertaining activity imaginable.  Whenever my mom comes to visit she opens my eyes to a myriad of things to do with my kids that require basically zero effort on my part.
This particular visit from Grandma was when the joy of balloons was introduced at my house.  I am telling ya, balloons can entertain my kids for DAYS.  And the number of days of entertainment is directly related to the number of days that the parents can stand having a bunch of balloons lying around the house.
 When the kids realized that sticking balloons up their shirts was hilarious, that led to even more hours of fun.
 The boys developed some game that involved chest pumping with balloons stuffed under their shirts.  It was highly ineffective, highly dangerous, and highly entertaining.
 We made lots 'o cookies while my mom was here to give to some families as thank you's for helping our family out in recent months.  Grandma let the kids make cookie sandwiches with some of the leftovers.
 Reese was very conscientious about getting the icing on the cookie.
Jessenia was more interested in just eating the icing.  Probably not the most hygenic activity we have ever undertaken, but good fun nonetheless.  Thanks Grandma!

No comments:

Post a Comment