Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Science Fair

Reese had a Science Fair at preschool.  I was not sure what to expect but I strapped Brisbane into the stroller and we were off.  There were tables set up with items from all of the different science units that the children had learned about.  Reese took us around to all of the different tables and told us about them.  I was super impressed.  You can tell he really loves science because he was able to explain to me what was going on in the various activities and even understood a lot of the why behind the science.

 Reese was also a very good big brother and shared the activities with Brisbane.  Here he is trying to explain to Brisbane about sound.
 This picture is kind of creepy.  I *think* that this is a parent or grandparent of one of the other kids in Reese's class (he just switched classes and so I don't know all of the parents as well).  But what in the heck is she doing without her own student?  Instead Reese is playing the water glasses for her and explaining why the pitch changes.

 Will it sink or will it float!?
 Part way through the Science Fair, Reese's teacher came over to me and told me he was too scared to stand in the bubble.  I told him he should try it.  That he would really like it and it wasn't even scary.  Basically I bullied my own son so that his teacher could get a picture of him inside the bubble.
 And he did it!  And he LOVED it!  Just like I knew he would.  Brisbane wanted so desperately to do this one.  But alas.
 The circuit table is where I really figured out that I had a major science whiz on my hands.  He understood all about circuits and how to get the lights to work.  That is his sweet teacher, Mrs. Proodian.  Isn't she a gem in her little lab coat?
 Friction races, anyone?
 Cornstarch and water is awesome!
 Reese is a bit of a clean freak though, because he kept washing his hands.
 Brisbane even got to play with a little piece of slime.
 Kaleidoscopes are fun!
At the end of the fair, Reese was the bell ringer.  Cutest bell ringer I have ever seen.
Reese asks a lot of questions.  Enough to drive his parents crazy.  But his sweet teacher is such a saint.  She often tells me, "I love that he asks so many questions.  He is going to be a scientist or an engineer someday because he is just so curious about how things work."  Well since he still wants to be a city bus driver, we will have to see.

1 comment:

  1. Alanah wanted to be a checker at Walmart for the longest time. I'm happy to report that she is now going to become a teacher. :) Reece is adorable and it's so cool to see him so excited about learning.

    ReplyDelete