Saturday, March 29, 2014

Blessing

Mack blessed Della and Miriam on Sunday, February 2, 2014.  It was quite the occasion.  As members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, we don't baptize babies when they are infants.  But a righteous priesthood holder does give them a blessing where they are named and blessed with whatever blessings Heavenly Father wishes for them to receive at this time.  Mack gave two beautiful blessings.  
We were very fortunate to have both of our fathers, both of Mack's brothers, and one of our brothers-in-law able to come and participate in the blessing.  There were five baby blessings in our Ward that day, some kind of record in my personal experience.  It was a wonderful day and we were very fortunate to have our home filled with lots of family and love that day after church.
Jessenia woke up puking that morning but I made her go to Sacrament Meeting since it seemed cruel to make an adult who had come from out of town miss the blessings and I certainly wasn't staying home.  She spent all of Sacrament Meeting laying on my mom's lap.  Then my mother, the twins, Jessenia, and I scooted on home before we contaminated anyone.  With nine o'clock church and the craziness of a sick kid we weren't able to get photos taken that day.  In fact, it took us over a month before we got the girls back into their white dresses and took pictures.  So they may be a bit older in these pictures, but just as adorable.
Miriam
 People kept telling me how much Miriam looks like Mack, and I must admit that I completely agree.  They look so much alike!
Della
 And then I tried to get some pictures of the two girls together.  I am no professional and it was a disaster!  But we got this one semi-good one.  The outtakes are a bit hilarious!
Della and Miriam

No comments:

Post a Comment