Thursday, August 8, 2013

Drunk on Chocolate

No members of our family will be referring to Summer 2013 as the most fun they have ever had.  Hopefully our kids are just young enough to not think of it as the "Summer My Mother was a Complete Borefest and Laid on the Sofa All Day and Only Talked to Us When We Were Getting a Consequence for Misbehavior That Occurred in the First Place Because We Were Bored".  Aka The Summer I Was Pregnant with Twins. I have been really tired and 120 degree weather does not inspire this mother to get out much.  Sorry kids.
So it was the 4th of July, Mack was home and not studying for Boards, and I decided to spice things up a bit.  No fireworks in unincorporated parts of Maricopa county and so the kids were out of luck there.  Instead we made a fun treat.  And it was a mess.  The kids put two jumbo marshmallows on a popsicle stick.  Mack covered them in melted chocolate and I helped the kids roll them in red, white, and blue sprinkles.  If I had gotten this idea from Pinterest, it definitely could have made one of the many "Pinterest Fail" websites.  They were semi-cute (but mostly ugly) and since Mack and I both think sprinkles taste gross, they were only semi-good (mostly nasty).
We had lots of extra chocolate though and so we had a little fondue party.  Where every picture taken looked like my kids were drunk.  For the record, they were not.
 Forgive Jessenia's nakedness.  She was wearing a brand new shirt and I couldn't bear the thought of chocolate stains.
 Fun much!?
Reese looks horrified in the background.  It's that hangover headache kicking in early. 
 "Must I smile?" Notice the chocolate smeared up and down his right arm.
After all that chocolate, Mack threw the kids in the shower and I cleaned up the table.  Here are the clean children (looking slightly less drunk) with their finished products.  Happy 4th of July kids!

No comments:

Post a Comment