Monday, January 21, 2013

The Rest of Christmas

The rest of the time we were in Carlsbad, we mostly just hung around the house and played with our new toys.  We did venture out to the park one day for about 30 minutes.  But the gleam of those shiny new toys, drew us back.
One of the ladies that I Visit Teach gave each of the kids flashlights for Christmas.  That's right.  A person that I go and visit gave each of my children gifts.  She is amazing.  And also happened to be Jessenia and Brisbane's nursery leader.  All of the kids love her (and her husband. and her daughter.)!

 The kids can't get enough lap time.
 Reese got an "IPad" for Christmas.  It's one of those LeapFrog Tablets.  He loves it.  And everyone loves watching him play it.  My brothers must have gotten to my kids.  The Brothers were obsessed with me watching them play video games when we were younger.  Ugh.
 Brisbane got a trampoline.  It's a good time for all of us.  Unfortunately Brisbane likes it most when Mack and I are bouncing and holding him.  It's a workout but unfortunately I can't "bounce" all day on command.
 Brisbane and Uncle David.  Brisbane looks unsure here...
 Brisbane also got a ball pit from Grandma and Grandpa.  Thanks Mom and Dad <sarcasm>.  In the spirit of full disclosure, I did suggest that they get this because Brisbane loves balls.  And I was right, he thinks it's awesome.  But all of the balls are everywhere.  Currently we are using under our sofa as overflow ball storage.
 Reese had another go on his bike.  The other day we went for a bike ride and Reese had his first fall.  He is kind of a dramatic emotional child so I was worried.  He must not have hurt himself because when I happily told him to jump up and climb back on the bike, he did.  Whew!
 Uncle Paul wanted pictures with the kids.  I am sure it was so that he could show off how cool he is to all of his friends.  What can I say?  My kids make people look good.
 There were several outtakes, but this was my favorite.  Brisbane looks like he is trying to distance himself from the crazies.
 Grandma and Grandpa have a plethora of awesome books.  Which Brisbane asked them to read over and over again.
 Jessenia and her Daddy.
 Reese learned how to take pictures with his "IPad".
 It didn't take long for this parent to fall asleep when he was sitting down (he takes after his own father that way).  Mack really was a trooper the whole trip.  Sharing a room with three children is not easy and when the youngest is deathly afraid of his pack 'n play for whatever reason it makes it even worse.
 My Dad has been losing weight, but come on Grandpa, really?  The kids got these tunnels for Christmas and Grandpa thought he might try to squeeze in....not quite.
 All three munchkins relaxing on the trampoline.
 Melanie got sick and so she isn't in our sibling photo.  But here I am with The Brothers.  I sure do love these guys and miss them terribly.
So long Grandma and Grandpa!  It was fun, but we are so glad to be home!

No comments:

Post a Comment