Thursday, March 19, 2015

Brisbane is FOUR!

Brisbane is four.  Just four years ago I was working full time.  And now I am working full time PLUS some.
He just seems so much bigger these days.  It is equal parts awesome and totally depressing.  This little boy that made me a mom is such a little light in our lives.  He drives us completely batty.  But we love him anyway.

 We celebrated his birthday two days early because of Mack's crazy work schedule and his birthday was on a Sunday.  So he took cupcakes to school, we opened presents, went to Chick-fil-A, and ate cake.  It was a good day.  Unfortunately he is now totally confused and even though I told him on Sunday that it was his real birthday, he keeps thinking his birthday is just  "few days away".  I'm in trouble with this one.

 Raphael "swords"... he LOVES them!
 He is kind of totally obsessed with Ninja Turtles these days.
 Brisbane requested a Ninja Turtle Cake.  He really wanted "the red one" but I wasn't sure I could get the frosting to be red instead of pink, so I told him Leonardo would do.  He was initially a bit upset that I didn't do the whole body.  When we were buying icing he told me we would need some yellow and orange for the shell.  When I told him it would just be the face, he wasn't sure how he felt about that.
 But he ended up loving it.
Such an amazing kid.
It was a bit of a rushed celebration.  Mack and I had tickets to see Phantom of the Opera that night.  Since it wasn't Brisbane's real birthday and I was under the delusion that we could celebrate on Saturday, I bought the tickets for that day.  But then Mack ended up having late call that Saturday so we had to move it up.  I felt a little bad about ditching the birthday boy on his faux big day.  But then I realized that he was so excited about the babysitter that he probably thought it was part of his celebration.    Happy Birthday Mr. Brisbane!

No comments:

Post a Comment